75g/3oz unsalted butter
150g/5oz soft brown sugar
You can make your own puff pastry, or use ready made
1. For the filling, melt the butter, Once melted stir in all of the remaining filling ingredients until well combined. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface.
4. Place a teaspoon of the filling in the middle of each round, then brush the edges of half the pastry with milk. Bring the other half of the pastry over and seal. Bring the corners of the pastry up into the middle and pinch to seal. .
5. Slash each cake across three times using the tip of a sharp knife. Brush the cakes with milk and sprinkle with caster sugar.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden-brown and puffed up. Transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool.
7. Dust the eccles cakes with icing sugar before serving.