Friday, 30 September 2011

Come dine with Chloe & Sarah


Me and my big cousin Sarah are starting a new tradition. Once a week we are going to cook something yummie. She's a new mummy to my favorite 2nd cousin Lily Grace, so im passing on all my cooking knowledge for when Lilys eating proper food.


This week was my menu & we made:


Butternut squash soup




It is so yummie!


You need:


3 Butternut squash’s
1 large onion
2 mild red chillies , deseeded and finely chopped
850ml hot chicken stock
Sea salt
Ground peppercorns

Half the Butternut, deseed and put on a roasting tray, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle sea salt & ground peppercorns and roast for 30-40 min @ 200oC with the garlic.

After roasted leave to cool to room temp.

Roughly chop the onion, chili and fry with the roasted garlic until there brown.

Scoop out the squash and add to the onions, blitz till smooth then add the stock, blitz again till mixed.

Simmer for 10-15 min & serve.

We then made

Peppermint Cremes




The easiest treat you'll ever make.


Mix 300g of icing sugar with 125g of condensed milk & 3 drizzles of peppermint flavour.


Mix until its a dough, roll and cut into shapes and put in the fridge for 30min.


To make them extra delicious, melt some chocolate and drizzle over.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Aw what a fun idea! :) And I loooooove me some butternut squash soup! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo is so cute =). Yummie! ♥ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an inspiring blog, thank you for the follow! A fellow Northerner whey! These look super yummy; now following you back sweet :)

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you've acquired here, really
    like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.

    Visit my homepage ... Dragon City Cheat Engine

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou :)
I tend to always comment back here, so pop back for a replay =D
Love & Kisses