Thursday, 16 June 2011

Carers Week

So its national carers week this week so im going to start with some carers facts.

  • 1 in 8 adults (around six million people) are carers.
  • Every day another 6,000 people take on a caring responsibility - that equals over 2 million people each year.
  • Carers save the UK £119 billion a year.
  • Caring for just 2hrs a day is worth £13,140.00 a year.
  • The main carer's benefit is £55.55 for a minimum of 35 hours, equivalent to £1.58 per hour - far short of the national minimum wage of £5.93 per hour (2011-2012 figures)
  • 58% of carers are women and 42% are men.
  • Every day another 6,000 people take on a caring responsibility - that equals over 2 million people each year.

Instead of complaining about how messed up the system is i'd like to say how truly grateful i am to my mum. Even with our care package i can lean on her to much sometimes. I do believe i am getting a lot better though & my mum has agreed. But if it wasn't for her and everything she has done and continues to do for me i'd be a completely different person. She rescued me from a horrible rehab centre, helped me become the confident person i am now whilst putting up with all my crap, Its impossible to express how thankful i am to my mum... Love you xxx




I also what to publicly say thankyou to the lovely Abby. Even though shes spent 18mth abusing me shes looked after me well & i will miss her when shes buggered off back to New Zealand.




But i am looking forward to new PA's


Moving on....


What was meant to be a fairly expensive week in hindsight has been pretty cheap. Been to the cinema twice this week, and as we all know the pics can add up. Tuesday i went with mum turns out its discounted prices and because my cea cards in the "post" it was £6.60 for us both, thats including a drink. I then went on Wed with my brother & his GF Jess, and thanks to orange Wednesday it was £5.60 for the 3 of us. Then thanks to even more deals we got 2 med popcorn 2 small drinks & some krakz ( crisps basically ) for £7.50, which for a cinema is a good deal! So i was very impressed with our savings.




I first saw x-men first class with mum... I loved this film! I didnt even realise how long it was. I enjoyed seeing how everything came about. I love the comic book films, not the comics so all my knowledge comes from the films. They make amazing action films, and this didnt disappoint me.


I then went to see hangover 2 which is in parts hilarious, not as good as the first but not at all disappointing!
I just chilled out today as i have a fairly busy weekend.
The foot doctor came though, i love how casual they are. My toe may not be attached by bone to my foot.
Lovely thought to start your day on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou :)
I tend to always comment back here, so pop back for a replay =D
Love & Kisses